Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Summary Essay

       Throughout life, people are always influenced in some way by others. This is what helps us grow in many areas. I can say that. i have been awakened in some areas concerning technology, and how learning has changed since i graduated from high school. I still believe that technology is the going thing. It is my way out the world at my fingertips \, and the best way to teach students. Project based learning(PBL) has opened up a world of understanding. It pushes you to learn and to show what you have learned, through, community based lessons, and a world of technology. Who would have thought that kindergartners would have been doing imovie book trailers on their own, and wanting to make sure that their projects are correct before it is presented. We are coming up in a day and time where we as adults must listen to students, when it comes to technology. The teacher teach students ans the students teach teachers. It seems to me that the motto for Gulf Shores Elementary School could be, we are all learners. The student seem to be determined that nothing will stop them from enjoying learning. My weakness is technology, but i am determined like these students to learn. I am some what afraid of technology because i don't fully know ow to use it. After taking EDM310 the fear is leaving. I can't throw away what I have learned, I must add to it, by using technology as often as i can. I realize after receiving my degree and being placed in a school to teach 2nd grade, if I get struck in a spot using technology, i will have a classroom full of eager, helpful students and a supportive staff of teachers.

       Students in Tammy Shirley 1st grade classroom where taught to be organized. Even after the organizers where not complete, the students still went into their desk and began to do their research on their own . Some of the students were allowed to get their hands dirty, by doing their first imovie as a class. The students planted seeds and waited to see what was going to come up. What kind of fruit, vegetable or flower would bloom. The students even sung a beautiful song entitled " Earth we're in it together forever". The song brought out ways to help save the earth by saving water, land, and air. My strengths are I have always loved to work with children. I've driven a special needs school bus 20 yrs, and have been a substitute teacher off an on 18 of those years. I have a drive in me to have my own classroom surrounded with PBL equipment.I'm looking forward to graduating in 2017, but i am especially anxious to become a helpful and compassionate, PBL equipped teacher.
       
How do we become Learners?            
        we become learners first by admitting to others and ourselves that we just don't know everything there is to know about different situations in our lives, This includes technology. We must be willing to listen, Follow instruction, and obey. By doing these things it will allow us to be like sponges, soft and ever so squishy willing to soak things in

1 comment:

  1. Proofread. I found 5 instances in which you failed to capitalize I, one sentence that started with a small letter other than I, one sentence without a period at the end, one / that has no reason for being where it is, ow when it should be how, one space before a period.

    "The students even sung a beautiful song..." sang, not sung

    ReplyDelete